About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

And now it gets really exciting


This home of ours is coming along so quickly my head's spinning. We stopped by there today on our way to preschool and it's looking so good. I have to pat myself on the back regarding the choice of exterior colours. Admittedly, half way through the roof going on I was thinking I'd made a terrible mistake. However, now the windows are in and the bricks are going on it's starting to look a whole lot like somewhere I want to live . . . and soon.

I was round there the other day discussing where I want lights, switches etc with the electrician and I had to admit that there is very much a fun side to building. Yes, chosing colours is fun, working out who's going to sleep where is great, imagining gardens and plants is fabulous. Nothing, however, compares to standing in a building zone surrounded by 20 fit young men all working for you. Now that was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment