About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Beach Babes



Feeling a little like I had cabin fever I decided that the sun was shining so it was a great day to head over to the Mount beach. We loaded up food and drink, all the beach toys, the children and Nanny and off we went. Brrrrrr it was the coldest sunny day in history. Alas, my imaginings of sun warming my back, the laughter of happy children and the peace to enjoy the scenery just wasn't a reality. The laughter was there sporadically. Still, was a great photo op. Rogan and Kayley got right into picking up all manner of shells for my latest art idea (imagine a pane of glass, the texture of sand,shells, dry grasses and the colours of the sea and sky). I have no idea if this project will work out but it'll be fun trying. And you must excuse my beach toy container (a Speights box) but it worked and made a great foundation for sand building.

The cold got to the adults long before the children so back into the car and around the corner to the park where a great time really was had by all. Not a dead loss at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment