About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beautiful Butterflies


Now that the baby is in the bathroom I've managed to create a little space for my creative self. The space is shared with makeup, hair driers, a kettle and more female paraphernalia but that's okay as it's allowed some of the flow back into my life.

Here is the start of something new. Kayley arrived home from a birthday party with three cute butterflies and I had to grab them quick before they got lost. They're going to be a triptych art project for her room. I had seen something similar with boys images (cars, trucks, trains) but these little butterflies just shouted "save me for something beautiful" so I did. Now I just need to find the boys images for Rogan's room cos the poor boy just keeps missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment