About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Completed Butterflies


Perhaps I underestimated my mother and her understanding of all things creative. I've felt like I've lost my need to express anything colourful and fun since her arrival home, mostly because I've believed she just won't understand the need. Yesterday, however, she let me have a couple of hours to come and go while paint dried etc and this is the result.

It's not often that I stand back at the end of a project and smile with satisfaction. Last night I did. I love the end result of these. I must admit though, as I smiled I told myself "it's not real art", which made me feel less of a fraud. So I must find a safe haven for these until they can be secured to the wall in Kayley's new room (when a wall exists).

No comments:

Post a Comment