About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Relief of Seeing the Doctor

Having felt like death warmed up for days I've been consoling myself that it's only a head cold and I'll get better. Today, however, I decided that, even if it was just a head cold, I'd better go check with the doctor. Good choice.

It appears that, had I left it another day, I may have been spending the night attached to a hospital bed. Tonsillitis, sinus infection, ear infection, hugely swollen glands and an almost case of pneumonia. How you can almost have pneumonia I don't know. It's okay though as I'm now on drugs and will be better soon. I took Janae along as well just to check that her rumbly breathing was not something more sinister. It's not but she does have an ear infection too.

My mum is wonderful. She sent me off to bed on my return home and I stayed there sleeping all day. There's something that gives such a sense of relief when the doctor tells you you're actually sick and that you should be in bed. When I hear that I actually go to bed and sleep . . . for the first time in days. So if you're thinking of visiting, my advice would be to stay away for a couple more days yet. I'm highly contagious so it was blowing kisses to the children tonight, steering clear of my folks as much as possible. Now I'm going to vege for some seriously sad telly (The Apprentice) then back to bed with Pride and Prejudice (the book I always read when I'm ill).

1 comment:

  1. You poor, poor thing - I can't believe you have been so sick - and now I am better and am missing you. Can't wait for the antibiotics to kick in but until then take care and sleep and sleep and read. xxooxxooxx.

    ReplyDelete