About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Spring Sensations



No longer being the master of my home (now that Mum has returned from England) I find my creativity has been sapped for the time being. So, seeing such a beautiful day outside and my drooping plants inside I decided to head off early for some potting mix and came home to repot all my indoor plants.


As I was pulling root bound plant after root bound plant out of their cosy home I remembered the start of each one. About half were given to me as tiny seedlings. The others are a product of my Scottish heritage. Meaning, due to my stinginess I tend to buy tiny little plants for about $2, give them a bigger pot and just let them grow. It's amazing to see how big and healthy they get from such a tiny investment.

I don't think I've instilled the gardening spirit into Rogan and Janae yet but they had fun digging around in the old soil and Rogan finally understood why we would be mad enough to actually purchase dirt when there's plenty around anyway. Of course, they had more fun with the bucket of soapy water when I proceeded to give my car it's annual outside clean. Now they're both dry again, have full tummies and are gently snoring in their beds. I think I'm off to put something nourishing in my belly and follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment