About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Struggling to Find the Muse

It's been a difficult week as I've struggled losing my autonomy for a time. I know that once we're back in our own space it'll all come flooding back, but it's still hard almost having a grasp on it without the physical space, head space and control over my own time in which to express it.

So I need to get into town on my own to purchase some canvasses and start some evening painting again. I've got an image in mind and I want to see if I can transfer it into some sort of reality. I certainly hope so. Buying two canvasses means I should be able to just play with colours and form on the second and just see what evolves. While the weather is so beautiful at the moment it'd be great to paint during the day; alas mother just wouldn't understand the need or the action.

We do have significant progress on the house though. We have a roof almost completed. The windows are scheduled to be installed on Tuesday and the bricks are due to arrive on Wednesday. Therefore, calculating on good weather we should have a start on the interior in approximately three weeks. I know that's when it'll feel like everything's slowing down but I'll keep reminding myself that just because I can't see what's happening it's still happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment