About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Super Software



While watching the children play after school is a great time to chat with other parents and find out what they're doing creatively etc. There were no mums there yesterday so I pulled out my new cross stitch magazine for a browse. Typically as soon as I started flipping through Andrea turned up. I'm so glad she did as she informed me that she had software for turning photographs into cross stitch patterns. This was something I have always wanted to do but have never been able to find a program under $200 and could never justify spending that kind of money.

As you can see, Andrea loaned me the disc and I raced straight home to give it a go. So I put through this photograph of my winter rose. This afternoon I have searched through my enormous pile of silks to see which I already have and those that I need to get and tomorrow, while the children are off visiting their mother I'm heading to Bernina Sewing Centre to get the linen and missing colours. I can't wait to get started and am even more eager to see the finished product. I hope I can still remember how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment