About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

And One for Me

I am not quite sure how I managed it, but this morning I found myself at home while the children went to Mainly Music with Nanny. So . . . what should I do?

I've been working on a painting for my new bedroom (I mean, why should the kids have all the art?) and it's been sitting almost finished for a few weeks now. I'm glad it has sat almost finished as last night I had a brainwave. I've been asking myself how to finally turn a canvas of lovely colours, that looks far too much like a flag, into something that makes me think of a tropical beach on a warm evening.

Hopefully this is what I've captured. As I'm not really an artist I printed off a palm tree and turned it into a stencil, taped it to the canvas and got out the black paint. I'm quite happy with the result. Of course, I started with just one tree and suddenly I'd gone from a flag to a marajuana/rasta type image that I didn't really want to put on my wall. The second palm, however, has just finished it off. All it needs now is one coat of Mod Podge and I'll be ready to stack it with all the other paintings for when the house is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment