About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Anniversary Love


My parents were married on 1 October 1966. The first of October in New Zealand is the official start of trout fishing season. Needless to say, my folks have spent many years heading out on Lake Okataina in search of large trout. However, for many years they've not had a boat small enough to tow behind a vehicle so Dad finally found the perfect boat and they've booked into the Lodge and will head off for their nuptual celebrations on Wednesday afternoon.


I had to add this photograph of Janae. She was being so very cute in the boat. The children had a great time getting under Grandad's feet while he tried to inventory all that came with the boat, take out carpets etc. I'll give him credit though, he held his temper with great patience throughout the evening.


So, inspired by my father's very kiwi romance I've knuckled down and made their anniversary card tonight. It never ceases to amaze me how long it takes to arrange three elements on a piece of card. Very pleased with the rose photograph though.

No comments:

Post a Comment