About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Blissful Day Off

Last week my neighbour came over to tell me that I'm having Tuesday off and she was taking my three darlings on an adventure for the day. I could hardly believe how amazing this sounded. And I didn't need any hints as to what I wanted to do with my day . . . a trip to Rotorua to the closest Spotlight store would make me the happiest girl in the world.

Well, I did take my camera (and my mother and our friend Ann Marie) in hopes of being able to show just what a wonderful day it was; unfortunately, the day was so wonderful I forgot to take any photographs. Added to this were the giggles we all got when one of the staff at Spotlight commented that we three had been browsing for most of the afternoon. I came home terribly happy as I'd spent just over half my budget and had two big bags full of goodies.


We also had more visitors yesterday and so last night I spent time with 16 year old Mary and 14 year old Lena teaching them card making with some of my new treats. The table was covered in beautiful paper, alphabets, scissors, and ideas were flying around the room so much they were contagious. At 11 last night I had to tear myself away and go to bed. I did, however, manage to get two scrapbook pages done and I'm now determined that I'll redo the two pages I've already done. It seems, at last, I've kind of got the hang of this.

  Here's Kayley's page . . . all about swimming.


And Rogan's all about pre-school. I think Nana (the recipient of the scrapbook for Christmas) will enjoy these little gems of childhood activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment