About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crazy Old Men


Early yesterday morning I awoke to the ruckus of a chorus of ducks. Living by the sea one might expect a chorus of seagulls, but no, it was ducks. Accompanying this cacophony was the voice of an old man very dear to me saying "quack, quack, quack, quack." Dragging my sorry body from my warm bed I sneaked around the corner to see my father feeding not one, not two, but a total of seven ducks on the front lawn. Hmmmm I can't help wondering where senility starts: I'm guessing it's not to far from our front lawn at seven on a Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment