About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Crochet Like Crazy

Thought I'd better give an update on the table runner. It's all going rather well and, surprise of all surprises, I'm not fed up with it yet. I'm almost a quarter of the way through and I do kind of wish that I'd worked it in a 20 gauge cotton as opposed to a 10 as it's getting more and more huge. But it's still going to be good and it'll cover almost all of the table (being more of a table cloth I guess).

Mum's eagerly watching the progress and at the end of each evening I lay it out on the floor or coffee table so she can see how far it's come. I've been working on it seven days today so, all things being equal that means that it should be about a month in the making. That means I should be almost finished by the time we move. What an awesome moving out gift that would be. She'll be able to look at her table (minus all the junk we leave on it), heave a sigh of relief and wonder how we're faring . . . just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment