About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Getting There Slowly


Thought I'd take the opportunity to write while I'm child free for the first time in about eight weeks. This morning Janae grabbed her coat and shoes and waved them in my face. As I was putting them on I asked her where she thought she was going. "To town" she replied. "Oh," said I. "Are you going with Grandad?" "Yeah," she responded. So we went off to find Grandad and tell him that apparently he's taking her to town. Nanny got on the bandwaggon (the promise of a hot coffee and savory muffin) and ten minutes later the house is empty. It's the most amazing feeling.

So, I've whipped out the camera and taken the table runner at it's current stage. I'm now over the quarter finished mark and moving steadily to half way. I need to take a photograph with a coffee cup or something to show just how huge this is. Once complete it will cover almost all of a six seated table. Last week was a bit of a dud so didn't get too much done, but now the visitors have gone it's back to full steam ahead. I'd love to sit down now and do some more but I've instructions to have two slices and two fruit loaves made upon the grandparents return so I'd better knuckle down . . . after I've played with my new cuttlebug for ten minutes of course.

By the way, thank you to everyone who popped in to see the "Mirror of My Soul" doily. If someone could explain the sudden interest in it (I've had hundreds of views) I'd be grateful . . . but that in no way deminishes the lovely comments and keen interest. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment