About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, September 14, 2009

A glimpse of the future

We had a beach walk trip with preschool this morning and Janae was allowed to come along too.

We arrived and Janae had a little bag with her drink in it, just like her big brother. She waltzed on in, hung it on a hook and headed off for the sand box. Wow, she's not even two yet.

The best part was to see Rogan totally helping out his little sister with the sand toys and making sure she was okay. Only a matter of months and this will be happening two mornings a week.

The beach walk was fun, the weather was amazingly warm and most of the kids had a blast. You know, I take my hat off to early childhood teachers. They have so much patience and tolerance and they have all the tricks of using words to achieve an outcome. I think I should hang around there more and steal all their ideas. (Apologies for the photograph. I took it with my phone and it's got a blue cast I can't get rid of without my mac.)

No comments:

Post a Comment