About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, September 28, 2009

A Reason to be Proud


I feel like today is one where I can pat myself on the back. Last night I took the plunge and sent Rogan to bed nappy-less. This morning we all awoke to dry beds and very proud children.

Added to this, Janae is almost toilet trained. She got totally into it yesterday and wanted to go on the loo every five minutes (or so it seemed). I exchanged her nappy for a little pair of knickers and they remained dry all afternoon. (Well, let's face it, it's difficult to wet your pants when you spend more time on the toilet than off.)

So I'm feeling just the tiniest bit smug today. I'll let myself wallow in it until about lunch time and then I'll drag myself back down to reality.

By the way, the rose is nothing to do with potty training, nappies or under pants . . . it smiled at me so beautifully every time I passed it on the lawn mower yesterday that I had to capture it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work!! I had Sofia using a star chart for potty training. She was the same as Janae, once she figured out she was getting a star every time she did a pee. She managed to go from no stars on the first day to 17 stars on the second!! Hilarious!! I think she has the best pelvic floor muscles around!!

    ReplyDelete