About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Solidarity


My children spend most of their time at odds with one another, telling each other off, arguing over who had what toy first and basically making an enormous amount of time. Today, however, there were two occasions where I had to let the frustration go, smile with pure delight and enjoy their team work.

Rainy afternoons are not much fun for anyone so when I heard them playing on the other side of the table with the big blocks I peeked over to see cars racing backwards off an old toy conveyor belt and a huge garage being constructed.


Later, Kayley pulled out a huge amount of books she was allowed to bring home from her reading teacher. Knowing these were all books she could read alone I suggest she be the one to read Rogan his bedtime story. To my surprise she jumped at the chance. Again, it was a sight to behold. They were snuggled up together as the story unfolded.

There are days when I wonder what on earth I've let myself in for, days where I wonder if I'll survive the chaos that is three children. Then there are moments that make those days seem insignificant. I have been blessed with more than the necessary one today. Thank you Kayley and Rogan.

No comments:

Post a Comment