About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Time out at the beach


Sundays, as I've no doubt posted before, are notoriously difficult in our house. I think it's something to do with the lack of structure to the day. So, feeling completely jaded, put upon and sick of the sound of our own voices, my mother and I bundled up the children and various bits and pieces and walked down to the beach. Alas, my children don't appear to be all that good at entertaining themselves. As this picture shows they spent more time on the grass with us than they did searching for strange sea creatures.

I shouldn't sell them too short however. They did spend half an hour trying to lodge the ball into the Norfolk Pine, then another half an hour figuring out how to get it down again. Following that they rummaged around in the native bush behind us dirtying their third change of clothes for the day.

We managed to drag the ordeal out for over an hour and we've come home with that lovely feeling of windswept hair, a bit of salt and sun on our tight faces and a weariness that reminds us it's not far from dinner which is one step closer to bedtime. Of course, with father out of the house hunting down the kai for our roof shout next week, we sneaked fish out of the freezer and I'm about to take it down to the fish and chip shop for them to cook it up, add some chips and play lazy women tonight. Yum. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment