About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boxes of Delight


The other day I had to get my cousin's wife, Jill, to come babysit while I went to a meeting. Upon my return she presented me with a massive big banana box full of wool . . . lots and lots of wool. Wow! It's those kinds of gifts that you just have to smile about.

I know I'm in the middle (literally) of mother's table runner but I just had to get my hands on the wool and make something as a thank you for her generosity. Also, I had to make sure it was original - there could be no simple pattern following this time around.


Out came the 3.5 mm crochet hook, on went my thinking cap and this is what I came up with. I hate cushions that are the same back and front; and, wanting to show off a little, I decided to put my filet practice to work and designed a completely different "back". Strangely enough, I prefer the back and would make it the front if it were my pillow - but feel free to decide for yourself.

Now mother wants a cushion too (another delay to the table runner) and this time I may do two different filet designs. I'll post the chart for this one in a couple of days and will post the chart for my new design when I've made it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment