About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Holy Hayfever Batman

I know it's freezing today, but thank goodness for colder weather . . . the lack of tissue use, headaches and bad temper have been well recieved by my family today. So, desipte the frantic activity these school hols have brought to my house I haven't had to much time for blogging. What have I been doing?

I've been getting to grips with the scrapbook and am loving doing that. I did a whole Sunday theme yesterday. You see (I know, I've said it before) Sundays are a handful so I decided that everytime there were tantrums and tears yesterday I'd try to get a photograph of it. Then I'd offset them with some nice pics of playing together, enjoying ourselves. It's turned out to be a pretty good page.

There is also an abundance of birthdays at the moment so I've been card making also. The thing I love about creativity is that other people do all the thinking for you and then you can come along and steal their ideas. I'm almost completed one for a 40th birthday coming up but need one or two more supplies to finish it.

Speaking of supplies, I've found a couple of fantastic online suppliers. Paper is the thing (naturally) that I go through the most and I've found these two sites have fabulous prices and ranges. Check out Craft Bug and Just Scrapping.

So, no crochet this week and not too much to show as it's all a bit top secret until next weekend and all the birthdays are celebrated, over with and suprises unwrapped. Let's hope something a little interesting can be found to snap and share in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment