About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Bright Spot


This latest project is the bright spot of the toughest week of the year to date. Wow, what can go wrong etc has been my mantra and, despite everything, I've done my utmost to keep my chin up and keep smiling. I failed tonight. I finally caved in to the pressure and crumpled into a wet teary mess. That it's taken this long is very suprising. Let me explain:

Dad and I have been working hard to get the grounds done ready for the handover for the house, I raced into town with two children yesterday to pick up the handover papers and my car broke down. Couldn't call Dad cos he was out fishing so had to call a friend. Thanks John for the rescue. I had to leave the car where it was because it just wouldn't go. Then I had to get to the house to get the gas fire from the shed to the house without the aid of the tractor and forklifts (even if I'd had them I couldn't have used them as I don't know how) so thanks for the lift John. I lost my wallet three times yesterday. Janae's just started dreaming so she is waking with screams about two times a night so sleep hasn't been high on priorities this week. Today I forked out to get my car towed to the garage to be fixed and discovered the repairs will cost $500 so there goes my budget for patio furniture I'd saved hard for. I lost my wallet again this afternoon. I was 20 minutes late picking Rogan up from preschool due to massive amounts of road works on our roads at the moment. I've had a row with Dad tonight because, after him pushing to get settlement on the house tomorrow, he's starting to change his mind and thinks we'll leave it until next week. To top it all off, I had a really good browse around the inside of my new home and all I want, in my heart of hearts is to be there now, children asleep in their beds and writing my blog in the privacy of my own home without mum and dad coming in to see what I'm doing, do I want anything, remember I promised I'd go to bed early. Sigh . . . what a life I've chosen for myself.

But, I keep on crocheting. I made two cushions last weekend and realised how silly I am. I crochet with fine cotton so much that I convince myself I prefer it to wool. Having made the two cushionsI remember how much I love crocheting with wool as it's quick results. Poor mum, her table runner is left on the shelf for another couple of weeks as I'm in love with this blanket I'm making for Kayley. Please excuse the rumpled look of it. Some how it ended up under Grandfather's bum.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, bring on next week... It is all going to be worth it - it is, it is, it is.

    ReplyDelete