About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, October 9, 2009

What a Week


It's been one of those weeks where there's barely been enough time to think let alone achieve. But, with quite a bit of coaxing from Kayley we got the paints out yesterday and got her canvasses finished. I say finished, but I don't feel the one of the left is completely finished yet. I'll let it mull over in my mind for a few days and the answer is sure to come to me.

Well, we've survived another school holiday. We have a full on weekend planned and then it's all back to normal and we'll be back into the routine I love so well.

I have to admit that one of the reasons I've been remiss in my blogging is due to this silly Facebook game "Farmville". Who knew that cyber-farming could be so much fun. Ahhhh, I'm not silly, I know it's way more fun that real farming (I've had cows poop on my head while milking, don't worry about that). But this afternoon, as I was supposed to be arranging lunch for the tribe my mother came and found me at the computer. "What are you doing?" asked she (can you tell I'm reading lots of Austen right now?) "I'll be there in a sec," I replied, "I've just got to milk the cow and pick all the cherries from the tree." If only you could have seen the roll of her eyes . . . that classing mother look that says "oh dear, when will she grow up?"

No comments:

Post a Comment