About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dinner Al Fresco


Our lovely home is proving to be quite a scorcher in the afternoons and evenings so what better way to beat the heat? Eat outdoors. And this proved to be such a hit that I was begged if we could do it again tomorrow night.

Tonight was an easy dinner due to the heavy workload today but it was so nice to sit outdoors and enjoy the shade. It also helped me overcome the grumps. Rogan woke Janae before she'd even had time to sleep today and he was heading for the over tired, cheeky yet fragile little boy he becomes some afternoons so by the time Kayley got home from school I was a bit of a bore. My mood wasn't helped by three children wallowing in the mud that resulted from Grandad watering his earthworks this afternoon. I know water and sprinklers are child magnets but I had to go rescue Janae from certain stuck-ness twice, I had to chase her up the hall as she tromped muddy boots through the house and I had to hose the three of the down before bath time. Never mind, we were all pals again by bed time and everyone was asleep in minutes. It makes the evenings nicer to end that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment