About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Feeling Irish


I've been feeling a little like the Irish this week as my potatoes appear to have developed a blight of some kind. Wanting no potato famine in my home I consulted the Prince of Potatoes - my cousin Peter. Consequently they've had a spray (much to my disappointment as I'd like to have gone spray free) and have dug up two plants just to check out what's going on. And see . . . lovely potatoes. They're definately a bit early as they tasted of nothing much really at dinner time but they're promising.


And for Janae, the little girl who loves to tell me what's dirty and what's clean, has had a day wallowing in dirt and loving it. First she started off in the vege patch rubbing dirt into her skin. I'm thinking it's some kind of new beauty treatment. 

I'm sure the cool dirt just felt nice on her little legs.


And then, while we were watering the concrete (to make it grow according to Rogan) she found a nice little puddle of mud and completely relished in that. Nanny sprayed her down with a hose before letting her come inside to the bath. Of course, upon getting to the bathroom I found masses of mud everywhere from the two older ones. Ahhhh, children are a blessing, or so I'm told. Still, it's a good excuse to get the place spruced up tomorrow morning.
 
Now it's bedtime so I'll trot off, dispence with the stories, kisses and doses of forgiveness for a day filled with mischief and relax for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment