About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Growing Grass or Children?



Because of the lack of rain and the newness of my grass I've been running the sprinkler constantly and also constantly nagging the kids to stay off the tender shoots. Sunday, however, it was hot, I'd been in the garden two days running and they were looking longingly at the sprinkling water. Ah well . . . yes you can play under the sprinkler. What fun they had.

They were soaked and semi naked in minutes and they had a blast. Having lived with a pool for so many years I'd forgotten the hugely innocent fun a sprinkler head can be. I parked myself in a shady corner of the patio and laughed with them.

And, just like we did as children, once we'd got too cold to run anymore they spread their towels out on the hot concrete and relaxed and warmed up. I must remember what a great way that is to kill off an hour of a Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment