About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

How Time Flies

I cannot believe that a whole week has flown by already. I also cannot believe how busy life has become with a big home and huge garden to tend to . . . as well as three lively children. Phew. I'm exhausted.

So what's the week held? Firstly some terrible baking. I like to think of myself as quite a good baker. I had huge success with some nenish tarts that I took to a Guy Fawlkes celebration last Friday and since then it's been downhill. I made my banana loaf that is usually so perfect as it comes from "The Perfect Cookbook" and it came out of the loaf tin and fell about all over the rack. I made a russian shortcake that rose beautifully and appeard cooked and then flopped and was still that half cooked chewy in the middle. It wasn't until I made a lovely roast for my parents that I realised my new oven's setting were not the same as my mothers. Where I thought I was cooking on fan bake, I was in fact cooking on defrost. Ah well, it's all part of the learning curve.

We've also been spending every spare moment in the garden. I have been given two lovely Puka trees and they're now planted in pride of place along one fence. Can't wait to see those in a year. I have three roses now, a bunch of blue and purple ground cover, some hot firelike canna lillies, and a lovely little bedding garden full of summer favourites like begonias, impatiens and other pretties. I'd show you photographs but I have yet to unearth my camera charger from a box so can take no photos at the moment.

But, the kids have had some fun too and here are some pics of their week.


Janae enjoying a tea party for one.


Rogan had discovered an old hat of mine and has barely taken it off since.


Rogan was given a bike by the physio from Te Whanau Ko Tahi and Janae has claimed it as her own.

So that's life over the past week. As you can imagine I've been shattered by the time the kids are in bed. I pull up the foot rest on my lazy boy chair, flick on my favourite shows that I've recorded (Master Chef Australia especially) and look longingly at my crochet basket. I just haven't the energy I'm afraid. I'm crashed out in bed by about 9.30 and up tackling another day by 6am the next morning seven days a week. Hmmm, when will it get a bit cruiser I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment