About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Best of a Bad Situation


You may ask why my children are all bathed and dressed for bed and it's not yet 4pm. Good question.

This afternoon the sun finally came out. Like sun starved children they dashed outdoors. The afternoon started with a tea party on the patio with Janae's new tea set and quickly progressed downhill from there.

Kayley and Rogan discovered a lovely big puddle beneath a huge pile of dirt. Kids being kids they had to throw themselves off the pile of dirt into the puddle and were absolutely covered in mud by the time they had had enough. They even managed to coax Janae into the fun. The only thing for it was a bath and change of clothes.

Not liking change Rogan and Janae insisted on their pajamas. And then it hit me . . . this is the perfect way to get them in to bed early on a Saturday night. They can't tell the time so dinner at 5.30 (usual for a week night), a bit of a romp around after, stories and then slumber. So, it seems that every cloud does indeed have a silver lining. I could even plant another load of spuds in the bath now instead of cleaning out the left over dirt.

1 comment:

  1. They look like clean, fresh angels... what a good plan. xxooxxooxx.

    ReplyDelete