About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Janae


Our little girl turned two today and what a fabulous day she's had. She started out by carrying two presents out this morning with not a clue what to do with them. By this evening when all the grandparents arrived she was sitting on the floor, arms out awaiting gifts to unwrap knowing the pretty paper held something awe inspiring.

We also had a real taste of what the "Twos" will be like with a fabulous tantrum because I wouldn't let her wear her dress up high heeled shoes to the school pick up this afternoon. I've had a few weeks to get used to these moods though so I wasn't phased.

She's now fast asleep in her cot exhausted from the festivities and cake. Tomorrow is a whole other chance to fight with her siblings over gifts. At least it's one way of learning to defend her position in the world.


Happy birthday my special little treasure. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment