About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm Such a Girl Sometimes


We came home from a lovely morning at Mainly Music, awash with the glow of Christmas; we enjoyed a lovely lunch and the children were all tucked up in bed. Enjoying the peace and quite I went to open the dishwasher to remove all the clean dishes in order to put the dirty ones in.

Disaster! I could not get the dishwasher open; more than that, I could not get it to turn on or do anything. The lower drawer opened but wouldn't work. Panic stations as the dishwasher is only five weeks old.

So I got straight on to the supplier who have this fabulous customer care hotline. I'm not joking about this either. We all know that most customer hotlines are run from a foreign country and we speak to people who can only just speak our language. Fisher and Paykel are not like this at all.

So the young man on the end of the phone calmly told me to turn off the power and turn it on again as this usually resets the machine and all is well. I stressed for a nano-second while I tried to remember where the power supply was. Ah ha! Under the sink. I opened the sink, moved the industrial sized box of dishwash powder out of the way. Wait! Was that the dishwasher kicking in? Oh no . . .

"I'm such an idiot," I informed my wonderful customer care man. "I must have bumped the plug loose with the dishwash powder. It all appears to be working perfectly. Thank you for your time," I said quickly (while he laughed on the other end) and hung up with very red cheeks and shame consuming me.

How do I manage to do all sorts of handy things with spades, hammers, screw drivers and yet I couldn't take the time to figure out the problem with my dishwasher on my own?? I guess it's just being a girl sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment