About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Life's a Beach


The question running through my mind for most of Friday was, how are we going to survive the afternoon of the last day of school? Everyone was pretty shattered from a very late night carol singing the night before and Kayley was shattered from simply putting in a whole year of school for the first time. (Last year she missed over half the days of school, and this year she missed just three.)

So I loaded the little ones intot he car, picked Kayley up and we headed for the park/beach. A little afternoon tea picnic and then Rogan's anticipation of a swim got the better of him.


He donned his togs (old fashioned ones his father used to wear at the same age) and headed down to the water. Kayley and Janae joined him and they all trooped down to the water. Unfortunately, within minutes Rogan was crying and hopping around madly. I couldn't believe it. "I saw a crab, I saw a crab" he shouted between sobs. That was the end of his swim and Kayley had to peform the rescue mission.


We all got clothes back on and headed for the swings and slides. Ah well, maybe next time, when the tide's in and the crabs are hidden Rogan will have a much better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment