About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sometimes a Husband would be Useful


This morning, as I prepared for the arrival of my new bed at long last I thought, hmmm, a husband would be very handy right now. I had to deconstruct my existing bed and lump it into the spare room/office. That was fine, done it a thousand times so I could just about do it in my sleep.

However, I had expected this lovely, large, heavy bed to arrive in one piece, for the mover men to struggle and curse as they tried to get it into the room. Alas, I was left with half a dozen pieces of furniture and a bag of screws. Thanks luv, see ya later.

However, I prided myself on not being useless (having kicked myself for not having a husband) and set to work. An hour later and here it is in all its glory. The bed itself looks good, works with the decor exactly as I planned. What I could never be sure of was comfort. That, I can say, is the cream on top! I could not resist a wee afternoon nap and as I crawled in it was like laying down on a cloud. My eyelids slammed shut with a will of their own and did not open until Janae started shouting that she'd been awake for ages and would I kindly get her out of bed please.

And after this wonderful, blissful sleep this afternoon I'm very happy I don't have a husband. This bed is all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment