About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Sometimes you just have to . . .

google yourself.

Today I needed, desparately, to do some baking. We were out of cookies and I've promised myself I'll only go to the supermarket once a week so there was nothing else for it: I had to bake. With it being so hot and so busy (being almost Christmas) I've not had the energy to get the baking goods out.

I grabbed the core ingredients, greased the slice trays and went hunting for the two recipes I had determined to do. Could I find them anywhere? Nope. But, I remembered I'd blogged them once before. I searched and searched through my almost 200 posts to date and could find nothing. Then I remembered, someone had googled Rocky Mellow Slice and had found my page. Great! And that's what I did.

It was a strange mixture of feelings: firstly a little like my two seconds of fame; and secondly shame that I had to google my own recipe due to lack of organisation. Ah well, the baking is done, the children were happy when they got home from school and all ended well.

Oh and some fabulous news. I got a call from the preschool last week. Janae's off for her first day there after Christmas. I'm a little disappointed that it'll be more than six weeks before I truly get a child free zone for three hours as Kayley will be home from school. However, I'm already spending those three hours over and over in my head. I'm almost convinced that the anticipation will be better than the real thing. What will I do with those hours? Not housework! I'll probably end up on the sofa enjoying a film or something I've recorded and saved for this momenteous moment. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment