About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Superb Silicone Sweets


No, I'm not talking about breast implants, but these fantastic silicone baking trays.

So often I'm tempted by the cook books on sale at preschool, but this month it was the silicone bakeware. And it's as fantastic as they say it is.

We got it home and Kayley and I couldn't resist giving something a test drive. So we whipped out the ingredients, threw it all in the loaf "tin" and made ourselves a delicious sultana loaf. There was no greasing, and no problems getting the loaf out once it had cooled. My conventional "non-stick" loaf tin requires copious amounts of grease as well as some baking paper along the bottom to stop anything sticking to it. And my conventional tin is about twice the required size so it's wonderful to have a smaller one that does all it promises.

There's just one problem. I'd hoped this loaf would last us until Christmas but we're quarter of the way through it (it's one of the kids favourites) so we may be whipping up another one any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment