About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes

Last night I had my first real night out in so long I can't remember. Nanny and Grandad babysat while I jumped in the car and meandered over to Rotorua to hang out with ex-colleagues at the Rotorua District Council Social Club Christmas Party. The drive was lovely as the sun had come out, the evening was warm, traffic light and the solitude welcome.

A beautiful dinner, some great laughs and another hour home in solitude left me feeling strangely refreshed despite not turning the light out until midnight. And this morning?

This morning I have three children who seem to have been whipped into shape by their grandparents. Manners have returned, quietness prevails and indepence is abound. I know it's not yet time for even the birds to be fully awake but I'm unusually relaxed. Now I need to figure out how much is due to my "time out" and how much due to my parents influence over the space of a few hours.

Going out is something I might have to do more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment