About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, January 22, 2010

The Smallest of Things


I've heard about this kind of thing, I've even seen it in comedies but never thought it would happen to me . . . or to Rogan in this case.

This little bead, ended up embedded in Rogan's nose this afternoon. I had taken one out of the bottle to check it's compatibility with a little flower I've made to adorn Janae's ballerina cardigan and then went to do something else. Rogan arrives with his finger up his nose telling me he can't get his ball out.

I freaked. I tried to get him to blow it out but without success. So I phoned my friend to tell her to put her visit on hold and bundled him into the car to race off to the doctor. The whole time I was terrified he'd sniff and choke on it.

Thankfully we arrived, the doctor saw us straight away, and with me and a nurse holding him down, a long bendy pair of tweezer scissors and some steady hands from the doctor the offending item was removed fairly quickly. Rogan was a bit bummed that he couldn't take the bead home again but cheered up when he got his sweet as a reward for being so brave. Let's hope he's learned his lesson as I don't want any more visits to doctors from such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment