About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Incredible Tara

It is not my own creativity that showcases today but something so much better. My friend Tara Fadenrecht.

We met at university some years ago and I've always known she was an artist but the work she's doing now is so amazing that I just had to share it with you. Click on her name above and go see some amazing pieces of art. There's a table that I'd just love to have in my hall but I fear it may be some time before I can possess an original Tara.

Ah well, I'll stick to my own mediocre stuff for now. Speaking of which I delivered both my own commissions today. They both went down very well and I needn't have worried about the brown hat. Lucy looked gorgeous in it . . . goes to show I need to get outside my own colour comfort zone from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment