About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, February 12, 2010

It's in the bag

I finally got done with two lots of swimming lessons; one where Rogan performed beautifully and one where Janae just performed. She got into the swing of things eventually and started to show off. The other kids looked at her in disgust and the mums in amazement and I just tried to have a poker face and not look like one of those stage mothers.

Anyway, I got done with the swimming, came home and almost finished all the lawn mowing. I have either killed the mower or just over heated it due to the thickness of the lawn.

The children were lunched and put to bed and I got on with finishing my bag. It's a little shorter and squatter than I'd like . . . rather like it's creator I'm afraid . . . but it looks okay.

I'll probably use it for a while and then Kayley will claim it. Now I'm trying to focus on my wrap again, but I feel almost certain that I'll have another project on the go before too long.

All I need to achieve now is to keep Kayley amused and without thermal meltdown before her swimming lesson at 5.15. Probably time to load them all into the car and head off for petrol before going swimming. They're off for a visit with their mum tomorrow morning (don't tell them yet though) so that's an hour of peace for me. Great start to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment