About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh Dear . . . More Practice Required

I promised myself that I would not spend my six child free hours a week doing house work. I've failed on my first official day.

Dropping all the children off this morning I raced home in great anticipation. But before I could get to anything exciting I had to do a couple of quick chores. So . . .

I stripped the beds and washed the sheets. Apparently it's going to rain part of each day for the rest of the week so I had to get this done while I could.

Having put together the lunches this morning I realised that we had no biscuits left for school lunches so I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies and a russian shortcake.

And, while they were baking and the last load of washing was spinning I thought I'd fold yesterday's washing. It was while I was doing this that I looked at the clock and realised I had just one hour of my three left. So the table looks just as this picture shows (I'll finish folding while Janae's asleep this afternoon) and the beds can wait until this afternoon also. So I got a bit of crochet done and hope to carry on once the little chores are out of the way this afternoon. Here's hoping anyway.

Oh, and a quick aside . . . remember the post I did about the hat for a friend's little girl? I was right . . . it's my colour conception that's off. The brown hat looks so cute on her. And, as I chose clothes for Janae this morning and all the stuff in her drawers were lemon, pink and purple I decided it's time I got myself (and both her grandmothers) out of the colour rutt we're in and be a bit more adventurous!

1 comment:

  1. 'free time' is so precious isn't it- incredible what you can get done in a few child free hours!

    ReplyDelete