About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Monday, February 15, 2010

The World's Ugliest Monkey

I may have a natural affinity for crochet but I could very well be hopeless at making stuffed animals. This weekend saw the emergence of a monkey . . . if you can call it that.

The children's cuddly blankets are starting to look a little old and nasty due to years of sucking, cuddling and washing so I decided that I'd make them a toy each. This is supposed to be Rogans. Currently it's sitting in Kayley's tote tray at school. At least she likes it I guess.

Not one to give up I'm not working on a pony for Kayley. Granted it's green but with the head complete it does look something like a horse's head. (It could also look a bit like a dinosaur's head too, but we won't quibble.)

I'll post photographs of pony once he's looking a bit more complete instead of a scene out of the Godfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment