About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm a Mother

It's all official . . . I'm now the custodian and guardian of three children and no longer just a foster mother.

I had my first court experience (outside of being a juror in a moot court in law school) and it was suprisingly easy and surprisingly quick. We entered the courtroom, the judge checked out who the four lawyers were representing. He checked out the papers, looked me in the eye and thanked me for all I'm doing for the children and granted all the requested orders.

I was a little shell shocked really as I'd been worried about it for ages (probably the reason for the sleepless nights of late) and it was all over in moments.

So, to celebrate, the children are having a carpet picnic tonight with creaming soda to drink, pizza for tea and Thomas on the telly. Now it's not long until bedtime so we can look forward to the rest of our life as a family. I'm shattered! I can't tell if it's relief, if I'm getting Kayley's cold or if it's a chronic bought of hayfever. Nevertheless, I'm hoping to be in bed by 9pm tonight and asleep by 10 . . . if I can tear myself away from my knitting. I'm half way through dolly's skirt and I can't seem to put it down. I just have to remember - there's always tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations - I am absolutely thrilled for you and over the moon for the kids. The judge sounded great!!! I can't wait to see Mao last dancer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda, I did not know this ... congratulations to you all. What lovely news. Perhaps you can now have sleepful nights?????

    Linda Berwick
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete