About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's Official . . . I can't make fudge

My whole cooking life I've tried to make fudge and have failed miserably. Today is no exception. I cannot understand how I can make scones light and tasty, cakes that rise beautifully, meals that taste of the origin they were designed in but fudge . . . impossible.

I even had two attempts this morning. The first is a lovely sticky toffee that the kids will love. This is due to my inattention and failure to follow the recipe.

The second batch resembles hokey pokey. I'm thinking it's because I over beat it. But, I'm refusing to make a third batch as that will completely defeat my purpose of trying to make fudge.

It's the day before shopping day and the afternoon tea supplies are extinct. We have run out of fruit, biscuits, muslie bars and anything that gives the kids enough energy to make it through to dinner and bed time. Added to this is the pressure of a swimming/play date Kayley has arranged with Nimah this afternoon. She's a lovely girl who doesn't expect great things but I always feel the pressure under these circumstances.

But all is not lost. We're off to Nanny and Grandad's for a swim after school and I know that they will be out on the high seas catching fish so I'm thinking it'll be a mad dash into my mother's kitchen to swipe a packet of biscuits and a couple of cans of pop to keep them all happy. Shhhh, don't tell mum. I'll replenish her supplies when I go shopping.

1 comment: