About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oh no . . . I'm Addicted

to knitting. I finished the doll last night and then sat there wondering what I would do with the rest of the evening. I picked up the flower book but nothing took my fancy so I grabbed the knitting book I'd got out from the library last week and this scarf jumped out at me.

Having no idea if I could achieve this or not I got started, and with two re-starts I started cranking away thoroughly enjoying myself.  This is one of those patterns where it's almost impossible to stop.

I'm using the wrong sized needles and the wrong weight wool but I thought this would do nicely for Kayley for school (assuming I have enough wool to complete it). I will make a start on her cardigan this week, once I've had a chance to go and get some wool. I haven't been wool shopping in such a long time and the dolly (and everything else lately) has been made out of left overs and odds and ends. Still, it's nice to know there's a good use for all the bits we have left over from serious projects.

2 comments:

  1. I am a knitting girl at the moment too - it's great isn't it. I love the doll, you have done such an amazing job. XXOOXXOO.

    ReplyDelete