About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Quick Art/Photographic Project

I've been feeling guilty of late that the childrens' mother hasn't had the benefit of all the photographs I've taken over the past 18 months. I've made scrapbooks for Nana, I've done photo projects for Nanny, I've done things for school and preschool but nothing for their mother.

Part of my rationale for this has been that, in the past, the things I've done have ended up in a dusty pile somewhere unappreciated. However, this is not a valid excuse really as it's not the receipt but the gift that's important. And, with it being Kayley's birthday and another year in full swing I threw together this tonight.

I say threw together because that's exactly what I've done. They have a visit tomorrow and I wanted them to be able to take this and give it to her.

I didn't have time to let the paint dry properly so there's a bit of paint on the joining ribbons and I've, sadly, managed to get a smudge on Kayley's photograph. The letters aren't aligned as well as I'd like and I'd love to have had the time to mod podge it also. However, I'm pleased with the overall effect and, come winter and longer days and/or nights, I'll be able to do this again for our house.

Swimming is such a huge part of the childrens' activities and their mum has never been to see them take their lessons that I thought (hoped) she might enjoy this wee snapshot of her children and their great swimming abilities.

I also know that they will have such a buzz giving it to her that I'm focusing on that as my main motivation. If it's well recieved I'll try to do some more bits and bobs for her. We'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment