About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Don't You Hate it When . . .


you've dragged yourself out of your sick bed to clean up the house a little before the children all get home in a bid to make things a little more comfortable while you're sitting on the sofa in the evening feeling sorry for yourself and someone comes along and ruins it all? I know I do.

I've got my usual winter bout of tonsillitus and sinus infections and feel like I've been hit by one of the many kiwifruit trucks racing about. I managed to get the little ones off to Nana's this morning and then took to my bed. At last, a long and luxurious sleep. I dragged  myself out this afternoon and whipped the vacuum around. I admired my work for about three minutes and then gave in to nibbles on the lounge floor. Silly idea. This lovely snow like stuff is the result of one small child and three Pringles chips. Thankfully, I got the energy to give the vacuum one last sweep for the day and now we're all clean again. Added to this is the knowledge that bedtime is less than two hours away. Bring it on! And pray I have enough self worth to make it to my hair appointment tomorrow. I can think of nothing better than a couple of hours with Doreen, my new book, a cup of coffee and a bit of TLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment