About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Re-Arranging


We spent the most amazing afternoon yesterday playing with Ben and Catarina and I was, once again, amazed at how useful a playroom was. I've been contemplating a big shift around for a while now and yesterday made up my mind.

You see, the childrens' toys have been slowly disappearing into my wardrobe as we disagreed about tidying up and I got more and more frustrated with having to tidy away a mess before I could sit and create once they'd gone to bed. Finally, I decided having a spare bedroom that's only been used once in four months didn't need to be kept soley out of bounds.

This morning we got stuck in and moved some furniture, vacuumed in corners, got out big boxes of toys and started sorting. I only wish I'd thought to get out the camera this morning as we sorted through a huge pile of toys and lots of junk categorising as we went.

We got all the toys arranged into genre and topics and moved them into the other room then got the computer desks out to where the toys used to be. I cannot believe just how successful it's been already. Janae was in the new "playroom" for a good half an hour this afternoon playing with her tea set while I cleared off the kitchen bench and found lovely things to put on the dining room table.

On Wednesday I'm going to join the Toy Library so that we can borrow cool things like play kitchens and ovens and they can really get into the home play instead of pinching all the stuff from my kitchen.

It's a bit of a shame that the photograph of the toys was taken after they'd got in there and had some fun. Of course, it doesn't matter now because I won't see it unless I actually go into the room. Woo hoo!

I sorted through my bags of wool and comandeered the children's old toy box and it's now stuffed with half completed projects and wool and is tucked away in a corner. the lounge is looking more like a place to hang out and watch a DVD than a mine field that's better avoided altogether.

The dining room looks inviting and peaceful. Now I just need to go to my room and sort out my bed as there have been various bits and pieces dumped on there as I didn't have time to find a home just yet. I'm sure to get to that before sleep time tonight or I'll have no where to sleep. I'm also going to move the chest from the entrance and replace it with a table for the plants and use the chest as a coffee table in the lounge. Hopefully that will imede the chase and tag games that tend to happen in there around dinner time . . . either that or there'll be a few stubbed toes for a while until they get the picture.

2 comments:

  1. what a satisfying day for you! i'm thinking of joining the toy library again too- it really is a great way to get those big toys. good luck with the bedroom organisation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 若對自己誠實,日積月累,就無法對別人不忠了。........................................

    ReplyDelete