About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, April 30, 2010

First Knitting Project Completed

I can scarcely believe this project is finished. I'm so proud of myself generally. There are spots on this cardigan I wish I could twink out and start again but overall it's not too bad for a first effort. And, best of all it's completed.

As usual, Janae's main attachment is to her hat as opposed to the rest of the garment but I'm sure as the weather grows cooler she'll keep the cardigan on too. Now all that remains is for her to wear it with her white and red spotty dress that lovely Cousin Brenda made while she was here. I'll see if I can coax her into it on Sunday . . . or I may save it for Mothers Day Sunday.

I'm child free tonight and I've just spent time out in the vege garden clearing space among the over growth and mulch I'd put down months ago and have planted some cauliflower, brocolli and cabbage and had planned on coming indoors to get started on a painting project for a two year old birthday at the end of May. I am, however, finding myself more inclined to put my feet up and contemplate my next yarn project rather than gather together all the bits needed to paint. I hope the urge comes upon me later this evening as I'd like to use the time wisely as there'll be no little fingers in wet paint, no helpers to smear colours where they shouldn't be and all the fun things that go with having children. I'll let you know how I got on.

1 comment:

  1. It is so sweet, I can't wait to see Janae swanning around in it. Knitting is good isn't it... doesn't mean we don't still love you crochet.

    ReplyDelete