About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Glutton for Punishment


Firstly I must apologise for my smallest child and her finger position. I took numerous photographs tonight and her finger was planted firmly up her nose each time. Alas, I feel that's the price we pay for having a cold.

The children are camped around the lounge as I've promised them they can stay up and watch Toy Story on TV. I fear that this will have dire consequences tomorrow but they're having fun right now and who can truly resist the happy smiles of children?

Besides I managed to get them all to have a sleep this afternoon, and I managed to have an hours kip also which means we're all in much better moods now than we were when we woke up. Thankfully we have church tomorrow morning and that uses up the best part of the day. Added to this, I'm not singing, so the pressure is really off and we don't have to be there until 10 instead of the usual 9.

And, the best news, my mum's finally on her way home from her South Island trip. They sound like they've had a ball and I don't begrudge her a minute of her fun times, but it'll be nice to have her home again.

I'm hatching a cunning plan . . . yes . . . one so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel. I'm going to get through the first two weeks of the school term and then I'll send Kayley off to Nanny's for the weekend, the little ones can go to Nana's and I can stock up on DVDs, lock all the doors and hide away from the world enjoying peace and solitude. Woo Hoo! Let's keep fingers crossed that the plan comes to fruition!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fantastic. I am desperate to see what you are making at the moment. love Kate xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete