About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Thank you Michael

I have a couple who are the most amazing friends to my little family. They have two children who are around the same age as Janae and Rogan and, in the past few months, they've been awesome to us.

We often go for a play and to share a diet coke, a few laughs and lots of adult conversation. We were treated to a fabulous easter egg hunt over Easter, but there's one member of the family who seems to give so much to the kids.

Dad Michael seems to have boundless patience with my children and, on more than one occasion now, has taken on five children single handedly while Anna and I go out and practice our music. But there's more than just looking after them. He does the whole "dad" thing, throws them around, teases them, makes them balloon animals. So I felt we needed a small token of our huge appreciation. What better way to say thank you than with a gorgeous cheese cake.

I whipped this up last night and it's sitting in our fridge for delivery tomorrow. I would have liked to drop it off today but it wasn't to be. Now I have to hear it calling all night long . . . don't eat me even though you know you want to! But I'm determined not to let a piece of this pass my lips. This is a gift to some special people and I want them to enjoy all of it. We can have cheese cake any time!

1 comment:

  1. You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person. ....................................................

    ReplyDelete