About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Squares Everywhere

It seems that I'm often announcing that I'm child free lately. But this weekend it's been a 24 hour child free experience that's been a bit of a roller coaster time emotionally. Little Rogan has been away on his first sleep over and I will admit I was a bit frantic last night worrying that he was okay and felt safe and all the things we mothers worry about. The girls were at my parents so I wasn't concerned about them.

But this afternoon I made myself some lunch having done the house work and having a living room that just begged to be enjoyed while it was tidy and comfortable, I finally started to enjoy myself. I'm about half way through my blanket and am now at the "struggling" part. I'm being very hard on myself and trying to use up what wool I have at home rather than dashing out to purchase some more and I'm just getting to that difficult part of not having enough to make the correct number of squares.

By now it's probably become obvious that I am very structured in my design. I don't like unstructured colour patterns and things like that. But, I may just have to grin and bear it here as I don't think I'm going to have enough of any one colour to create a complete design. But I still have six hours to go until the children come home so we'll see how we get on.

2 comments:

  1. looking good! i have been thinking about using turquoise lately for some cushions, love it with yellow :)

    ReplyDelete