About Me

My photo
The past two years have been all about adjusting to motherhood and finding my way through it via craft. The out pouring of this came in the form of my blog Aunty Mum. Now I'm finally finding my feet, the children are growing, I'm getting some independence and my interests are morphing . . . into cooking. Join me in exploring creativity in many forms, food, fabric, frowns and laughter.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cosy Scarf, Gorgeous Rose Buds

DSCF1151

There are times when I have an idea in my mind, I attempt to execute the technique required for achieving that image and the result turns out so much better than the expectation. This scarf is one of those projects.

It has been the butt of a few laughs in it's creation. I was making roses at swimming lessons last week and my friend Anne grabbed a couple, put them in some interesting places and suggested a pair of nipple warmers or a bikini. And my mother has been scoffing for days as it’s all come together. It just showed me how far behind the trends she really is these days. But it did give me cause for concern. What if I wore it and it was just plain silly. Alas, my fears were unfounded (unless my friends are just nice people and too kind to tell me the truth).

DSCF1152

I wore it today with all black and I believe it looked really good. Added to this, it’s lovely and warm which surprised me. And the best thing was that some people I have a passing acquaintance with were asking if I made children’s hats, to which I could reply to the affirmative. Perhaps my little industry might take off after all.

Now I have a dilemma. The scarf is complete, the washing is on the line, the toy room is tidied (we have our dear friend Rex coming for dinner tomorrow night and things need to be shipshape) and I don’t feel like getting back into the table cloth just yet. What to make next? I really want to make Rogan a jumper but don’t have a pattern. I’m kind of playing with the idea that I might just start and see what happens. Hmmm, I’ll let you know in a day or so.

2 comments: